If you’re looking to stand out from the crowd and skip tedious makeup routines, eyelash extensions are your go-to option. Over the years, more women have embraced this procedure, thanks to the darkened color of the lashes and how easy it is to customize the shape. But, getting eyelash extensions doesn’t mean that the work stops there.
Industry experts at SocalEyeLashExtensions.com note that eyelash extensions require proper care to ensure they last longer. While lashes are expected to last 4-6 weeks, there are some things you can do to let them stay intact.
- Avoid getting them wet for the first 24 hours – After getting your eyelash extensions applied, you should ensure that you don’t get them wet for 24-48 hours. Steam rooms or a hot yoga may cause the extensions to stick together, which can give you a weird look. Eyelash extensions may be water resistant, but they are not waterproof.
- Use mascara – If you’re looking to further darken your lashes, you can use mascara. You only need to ensure that it’s not waterproof. Additionally, only apply the mascara at the tips. While removing your mascara, use an oil-free product.
- Reshape your extensions – You can gently comb your lashes out to give them their original shape after you’ve taken a shower.
- Use cotton on the extensions – Cotton has fiber, which will attract lint if used for the eyelash extensions. You can instead use a soft cloth and water when removing your eye shadow and liner.
- Use heavy creams around the extensions – Using heavy oils or eye creams near your extensions will only loosen the glue.
- Expose your lashes to heat – Avoid exposing your lashes directly to heat while cooking or baking. The extensions may be heat resistant, but this doesn’t mean that they are heatproof.
Caring for your eyelash extensions is important. By keeping these things in mind, you’ll be able to enjoy your extensions longer and keep them looking more beautiful.