Typically, a house collects a lot of dust, dirt, and allergens in its air duct throughout the year. Moreover, dust contains numerous particles that contain unhealthy fungi, bacteria, and molds. Polluted air circulates more whenever heating and cooling system is on. Regular air duct cleaning helps in reducing such pollutants.
Minnesota-based exhaust cleaners, mountainductcleaning.com specifies the following benefits of air duct cleaning.
Improved Energy Savings
The constant buildup of debris and dirt prevents the flowing of air throughout the ventilation system. Consequently, this strains the duct, making it costly to operate. Over time, the issue only gets worse.
The process of cleaning of your entire ventilation system may include the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) unit, evaporator coil, and blower. It also includes thoroughly cleaning removed vent covers.
Improved air quality
Allowing dirty ducts to accumulate in your homes could be hazardous. Dirt particles harbor numerous contaminants. They consequently cause serious problems, especially to persons with respiratory health conditions, environmental allergies, and autoimmune disorders.
Dryer Fire Prevention in your premises
Duct cleaning services also clean your dryer vents. Unclean dryer vents could cause a fire in your homes.
How to Know if Air Duct Cleaning is Overdue?
There are numerous indicators that an air duct cleaning is overdue:
- When there are smokers in the household
- Presence of pets that shed high amounts of dander and hair
- Variations in airflow or temperatures throughout the house
- Excessive dust in your home
- Dark filtration lines on the walls, carpet and ceiling that surround the vents
- Dirty supply and return vent cover
- A rapid increase of energy needed to operate the HVAC system at desired settings. It may indicate that debris and dust are blocking coils, restricting flow
- Recent construction or remodel project
- Water flooding in the ductwork, which cause sediment build up in the system
Frequently cleaning your home could boost your health tremendously by eliminating the common allergens that damage your respiratory system.