Drug and alcohol addiction is a complicated issue. Some people may think that getting their freedom back seem almost impossible. But with the help of a rehabilitation center, it’s still possible to completely recover from this problem. The facilities and different treatment techniques can help addicts have a new drug- and alcohol-free life.
If you know someone in desperate need of help, do some research on the different alcohol and drug treatment centers available in your area. Here are some useful information on the subject:
While there are centers that focus on treating only alcohol or substance addiction, there are those that diagnose and treat both and do much more. Some centers concentrate on treating addiction to a particular type of drug, such as heroin, cocaine or meth. Also, these facilities offer treatments with different durations — from 30 days to about 4 months or even longer.
Typical choices of drug rehab centers include:
- Inpatient Centers – require patients to stay at the facility until they’re completely cured
- Outpatient Centers – don’t offer live-in treatment, but require a major time commitment; patients visit them on a regular basis
- Dual diagnosis programs that treat both alcohol and drug addiction
Treatment programs are also subdivided into different categories. Some of them include the following:
- Residential treatment – involves staying at a treatment facility while participating in intensive treatment activities in the morning. This normally lasts for 1-3 months.
- Partial hospitalization – recommended for people with stable living conditions but need continuous medical monitoring. Patients under these programs need to go to the hospital for 3-5 days a week, 4-6 hours per day.
- Counseling – is most effective when used as follow-up support or done simultaneously with other treatments.
Choose an alcohol and drug treatment center depending on your personal preference, diagnosis, severity of addiction, and financial capability. Consult a qualified counselor to help you make the right choice. Get rid of your old habit, and live a fresh life again.