Cryolipolysis, also known as coolsculpting, fat freezing and 3D lipo, is a non-invasive technique used by many cosmetic surgeons to remove and destroy fat cells. It is an alternative to regular liposuction and requires little to no recovery time.
Following the procedure, you may experience redness, tingling sensations, bruising and numbness in the area, which are temporary and will vanish after a while. Changes are visible as soon as four weeks after the procedure, with the body continuing to flush fat cells out for as long as four to six months afterwards.
1. The procedure is an actual obesity treatment, but rather a method to reduce excess fat in specific areas of the body, like love handles, stomach rolls and back fat.
2. A typical cryolipolysis session takes about sixty minutes, during which you could do other activities, like read or work on your laptop.
3. A single session is more than enough to help reduce the fat accumulated in certain parts of your body. However, you can undergo the procedure in the same area more than once for better results.
4. During the procedure, the machine applicator arms or panels gently pinch the targeted area, which drastically cools the area. The temperature is low enough that fat cells begin to crystallize, although this does not harm the rest of the surrounding tissue. These crystallized cells die, which the body would dispose of promptly – a process known as apoptosis.
5. The cost for undergoing the procedure will depend on the area where you want the fat removed, as well as the number of treatments and the results you are looking for.
While choosing a cosmetic surgeon to perform a cryolipolysis procedure, make sure that the professional has adequate experience to ensure that you get the best results possible. Consider coolsculpting if you need to lose fat in a hurry.