The Approved Managers Course, or Management of Licensed Premises Course as it is technically called, run by the Australian Hotels Association is a great way to further your hospitality skills and also gain a qualification in the process. This course can be completed online from the comfort of your own home or office at your own pace.
To start the Approved Managers Course, you must have completed your nationally accredited responsible service of alcohol training (which can also be done online with the Australian Hotels Association Western Australia).
If you have not completed your online or classroom RSA training, you also have an option of purchasing the combined Approved Manager Course and RSA. Again, this combined course can be completed in your own time and pace. You will also receive an RSA certificate after completion.
One feature to consider when deciding between the online or classroom course is the inclusion of interaction with AHA Hospitality Training Experts when you go for the classroom option. The AHA(WA)’s fully qualified training consultants have years of extensive industry experience to make sure attendees get the answers to their questions and knowledge specific to their industry.
Whether you want to increase your hospitality skill level, your venue wants you to become a duty manager, or you want to become the next rising star in your industry, the variety and high standards of training experience with the AHA(WA) will offer you benefits to help you with your hospitality journey.
Window tints have become quite a necessity because of all the health risks associated with prolonged exposure to the sun. There are many choices available, whether you want tinting for your car, home, or commercial establishment – there is a film that fits every bill. The choice depends entirely on your budgetary constraints and preferences.
Here’s a look at some of the car window tinting Adelaide residents can get from local suppliers:
Colored or Dyed Films
Cars and outdoor recreational vehicles like boats are constantly under the sun and absorb all its heat. The high levels of exposure to the sun’s rays is why tinting is important for cars and watercraft. More than just protection, tint also ensures privacy by decreasing visibility from the outside looking in.
Films Treated with Metals
Metalized films (predominantly nickel, aluminum and copper) have an innate ability to reflect heat during hot summers and are predominantly used for domestic and official establishments. Also called sputtered films, these help keep heat inside during colder seasons. The metals are inserted into the film during the creation process, on an atomic level to ensure a uniform distribution of metal across the entire tinted film.
These films use tint on metal coated films which are best used to derive combination benefits of metalized and dyed films. Despite its being a lighter tint, these films combine the effects of reflection and absorption and transform the sun’s energy into ambient heat.
Ceramic Tint Films
These films apply the concept of nanotechnology and have made a foray into the window tinting arena. Considering how they are fairly new to the market, these are a considerably more expensive option compared to other choices. Ceramic tint films reduce the amount of visibility distortions found in colored or dyed films and strengthen the surface of the glass on which they are installed. They also demonstrate resilience in the form of break resistance.
Whatever type of film you choose to place on window surfaces, the point is that you are making an effort to protect yourself from the many risks associated with sun exposure.
Periodical roof restoration is required for commercial roofs. This can be done using a variety of materials like metals, tiles, fibres, glass, plastic, ceramics, woods and stones. Roof restoration is usually considered if the roof is already more than a decade old. It involves repairing, cleaning, sealing certain portions if required and repainting to keep the roof in its best condition.
Bower Roofing offers the following discussion on why homeowners should consider restoring their roofs:
• Apart from improving the roof’s aesthetics, restoration protects all roof tiles from excessive moisture, which is mainly responsible for tile deterioration and rot. It also protects the roof from rough weather —high winds, heavy rain and furious snowstorms. Periodic restoration minimises overall damage.
• The coating, which is also a part of the restoration process, provides ultra-violet protection responsible for causing oxidation. This eventually leads to the roof becoming unstable and weak because of corrosion, expansion, contraction and causing deep cracks. The coating is also done to prevent leaks and keep the building cooler during summers.
• Restoring the roof from time to time, particularly in commercial establishments, ensures the safety of the people working in the building as well as the inventory and equipment pieces. Moreover, spending money periodically for restoration works out to be more affordable in the long run compared to replacing the entire roof that is on the verge of collapsing completely.
• A restored roof not only gets a new lease of life, but it also helps in saving energy costs, which subsequently lowers utility bills. Nowadays, newer coatings are coming into the market, which cool buildings during the summer and warms them during winter. These products help largely in lowering air conditioning and heating bills.
The roof is one of the most important parts of the building and is responsible for its overall protection from the vagaries of the weather and also for security. Thus, this is one component of any residential or commercial building that owners cannot overlook.
Today there are several materials available on the market for building and customising garage doors. There are many natural and man-made materials that present their individual string of benefits.
Many home owners, however, still prefer traditional hardwood whether for building a new home or when doing home improvement projects. There are many reasons for this besides the fact that they are sturdy and lovely.
All Seasons Limited lists a few of the benefits of installing a hardwood door:
- There are a variety of choices possible within the range of wooden doors alone. It is easy to find a colour and style that will suit your personal needs and taste.
- You can get the exact finish and grain to go with your home décor.
- Besides picking the perfect material, you can also customise this material very well to your specific needs, style and size.
- Compared to steel and plastic, wooden finishes and material provide better insulation. Thus, you will save more money on your heating costs and utility bills.
- This kind of insulation is very important, especially if you use your garage to keep pets, have converted it into a play area or you like to occasionally have a social function in there.
- Apart from providing insulation benefits, durability and security, these wooden structures also look very attractive and classy. They add monetary and aesthetic value to the exteriors of your home, thereby increasing its value in the estate market.
- They are more luxurious when compared to other softwood, plastic and metal. But unlike plastic and metals, which tend to get damaged in inclement weather conditions, hardwood is more sturdy and durable. Softwood also tends to warp over a period of time and will need replacement often. Hence, as they are durable and long lasting, the hardwood door will pay for itself in the long run.
- They also do not require much in terms of care and maintenance. Care should however be taken to varnish it or give it a protective coating. This should be anti-termite and anti-graffiti coatings to protect it and prolong its life.
You can consult with your local retailer and pick a material of your choice, and find out about its care. The retailer can give their expert suggestions, if you can tell them the specific and exact needs and preferences, the size of your garage and the style of door you would like for your house.
If your teeth are in a horrible condition, people would be seeing your smile as comical, disgusting or much worse, scary. This is just one of the many reasons it is important to keep your teeth clean and white.
Basics of Dental Care
Taking your teeth for granted could result in having an uneasy smile. So, it pays to observe the basics of dental care, such as brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing, rinsing with a mouthwash, and using prescribed toothpaste and toothbrush. It would also help if you keep your consumption of sugary food, including soda to a minimum. In case anything goes wrong with your teeth, head to an emergency dentist. Manchester has some of the best in the business.
Whitening Tips that Work
If you do not have the time to visit your dentist regularly for some prophylaxis or teeth whitening sessions, you can try a few homemade recipes.
1. Rinsing your teeth with apple cider vinegar has been proven to be effective in keeping the teeth white.
2. Although many people swear by baking soda as a teeth whitening product, most dentists recommend using it occasionally, as it can actually scratch the enamel on your teeth. You have to remember that the enamel is what provides your teeth its protection. Without it, bacteria can easily infect your tooth. Using baking soda once a week should be enough.
3. Raw celery and carrots have also been known to help in keeping your teeth white. Although they are abrasive, they would not wear off the enamel in your teeth.
Also, vegetables such as these two help in the production of saliva which, in turn, helps kill harmful bacteria in your mouth.
Eating cheese is another way to keep your teeth white. Cheese allows the remineralization of your enamel by providing casein. With your enamel strengthened, there is very little possibility of it breaking down and exposing your dentin. Keep in mind that most commercially available as well as homemade whitening products only address the discoloration of the enamel and not the dentin.
There is always an overwhelming urge to go swimming every now and then. For some, though, a trip to the beach is not possible every weekend, so what better way to enjoy almost the same thing than by having a swimming pool in your backyard? There are several options if you are planning to get a swimming pool installed in your yard. The most popular, however, are fiberglass and concrete pools.
Both pools will look great in your backyard. While you can turn a concrete pool into a work of art, fiberglass pools offer many practical benefits. Here’s a look at some of them:
Fiberglass pools require less maintenance than their concrete counterparts. This is because the surface of a fiberglass pool is smooth and nonporous, which stalls the growth of algae. As a result, you will only have to use lower amounts of sanitizing agents.
The surfaces of other pool types, especially concrete ones, are porous and rough. This encourages algae growth. Concrete pools also tend to make the water more alkaline, which then requires the use of more acid to maintain pH balance.
Speed of Installation
If you choose to install the fiberglass pool, you can have it done in 2 days. This is because the pool shell is prefabricated. On the other hand, with a concrete pool, you will have to wait at least 2-4 months for the pool to be constructed in your yard. Moreover, fiberglass pools are more reasonably priced than other pool types.
Fiberglass pools are durable. There is no need to replace a liner every couple of months. With other types of pools, you should expect repairs regularly, projects that do not exactly come at reasonable rates.
Fiberglass pools are easy to repair. The surface is non-abrasive, which makes them safe for kids. It requires less electricity (for draining) and chemical cleaners.
David Mitchell, an award-winning writer said, “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
Travelling paves the way for exciting experiences, renewed mind and a sharpened perspective. You may be sitting in front of your computer now, wondering about how life would be so much better if say, you could fly to Brisbane at the moment and appreciate Picassos in Queensland Gallery of Modern Art; relax on a cruise in Brisbane river; enjoy a cup of coffee while taking the view in at Mount Coot-tha Lookout.
Easy and hassle-free, that is how travelling should be. Experts from Terrace on Gregory believe that travellers should be provided with space, comfort and rest. After probably the longest travel of your life, you deserve not only the softest bed and the most delicious food, but also a nice, warm bath. When these simple necessities are met, you are able to ponder without stress about the day, the people you met and the new things you have tried for the first time. You are also able to plan your next destination and imagine the places you have yet to see.
Where you will stay for the next few days will determine the places you can visit and the adventures you can experience. As much as possible, you want to maximise your time in a place. Choose a place near tourist attractions so you can explore more. If the place where you are staying is close to shopping malls, theatres, museums, restaurants and other important establishments, you are exposing yourself to the many opportunities of meeting people, trying out various cuisines and learning the culture of the place. The key is in strategizing.
Schedule a me-time
Whether or not you are travelling with a group, you should have a me-time. You can easily be caught up with the exciting adventures, but remember that taking a rest in between activities is also important. A restless body and mind would do you no good. Take a break. When you have replenished your energy, you can enjoy the places more and relate more sensibly with fellow tourists.
Travel; go tick that off your bucket list and have a good, relaxing break.
Due diligence is one of most important factors in real estate transactions. It is necessary to look at details such as titles, zoning, survey, inspection of building, environmental inspection, financing, and existing lease. Each transaction may have its own unique set of considerations.
The owners or developers may not have the time and proficiency to attend to due diligence themselves. So, choosing a good manager to look after the property is the best option. Resortbrokers.com.au suggests selling management rights to a qualified and experienced property manager who will take care of all aspects of the real estate property.
Here are some of the important duties of a property manager:
- Apart from receiving a salary for managing the property, the manager will stay on site in the manager’s unit, so he is physically present when any issue crops up.
- His main job is to make sure the property is a safe and pleasant place for the tenants.
- He also needs to make sure every aspect of the property is running seamlessly, so the owner or the tenant need not worry about it.
- Under the Fair Housing Act, he should apply the same screening standards for everyone.
- The manager has to check that apartments do not remain vacant for long. He has to advertise the apartment, arrange a tour of the space for potential customers, do background checks on the new tenants before signing the lease. He will also have to fix a rent at a competitive rate.
- He has to manage the staff employed to do any maintenance service for the property. He is also responsible for the maintenance of the property and the apartments.
- He has to collect rent regularly. All notices and charges for late payment is his responsibility. He should also release the eviction notice should a tenant fail to settle his rents.
- It is his duty to make sure the property always adheres to the city regulation standards, the insurance policies are updated on time and all the applicable laws are followed.
Thus, looking at the range of duties of property managers, appointing an efficient manager to take care of the property would assure the owner that the “due diligence checklist” is followed.
The customer is king in today’s consumer world. They are treated as royalty by various businesses. Businesspeople do anything to woo customers to buy a product or service.
This wooing scenario isn’t new in the auto industry. The same rule of courting customers applies to auto manufacturers and their distributors. This is where big names companies like Honda become a standout.
With that, here are a few qualities you should look for in a trusted auto brand:
Unparalleled Customer Service
Honda is a big name in the automobile world, and aside from the high-performance vehicles, they are also known to treat their customers very well. A recent study shows that Honda is one of the top five auto brands when it comes to customer satisfaction.
This dedication also cascades to their dealers and partners. They are always there to help customers; if not physically present, they are available on the phone or online round the clock.
Comprehensive Coverage and Protection
A good automotive company should have excellent warranty packages for customers. The staff should also ensure that you get the best after-sales service for your automobile during the warranty period. As Sisley Honda puts it, customer care shouldn’t end after you drive your new car away from the dealership. They will ensure that the vehicle is serviced properly and all damaged parts are replaced by genuine originals, so long as the warranty covers it.
More than Cars
Aside from a great lineup of cars and outstanding financing services, a good auto company should also offer a range of services related to their industry. Once a customer purchases their automobile, they instantly become a part of the auto company’s growing family. Their representatives can then be contacted for any queries or concerns.
A good automotive company should be reachable in various ways, including via:
- Phone: A knowledgeable customer-care support staff should always be available through phone or through the Internet. There are also physical customer support counters available at some locations.
- Partner companies/Authorized centers: You can browse their websites for the local customer care details or to find the nearest authorized company outlet for spare parts.
- Website contact form: They have a complaint or query link available on their website for various departments and concerns such as general complaints, sales-, or warranty-related issues.
Buying a car is always a major decision. It’s only practical you’ll want to get yours from a trusted brand known for excellence in both product and service.
Senior living facilities help make life easier for the elderly. It helps senior citizens maintain their independence as they advance in their years. Several states have consistently proven to have the best facilities, amenities, and environment fit for elderly people trying to enjoy their free time.
Many states in the South have proven time and again to be quite advantageous for seniors and their families. North Carolina, for example, proves to be a good place for retirees and elderly people. More often than not, it’s because of the following reasons:
Round the Clock Medical Assistance
The greatest advantage offered by senior living facilities is the availability of medical services and support for its residents. These places usually have a staff of medical professionals who can take care of emergencies, as well as other basic medical requirements.
The residences offered at TwinLakesComm.org, for example, have assisted living, healthcare, memory care, adult day care, and other related services that can help make life easier for adults with medical problems.
Even though you live in an assisted facility, there are no restrictions to personal independence. You get to interact freely with other residents, participate in group activities, and join entertainment and exercise programs, all without having to rely too much on others.
You can go dancing on weekdays, attend a yoga or aerobics class on the weekends, and just mingle with friends every afternoon. If you need any help, the center’s staff can be there immediately to help.
You can live independently, but help is always there when you need it.
The (Wo)Man of the House
If your body allows it, you can be the head of the household again; the man (or woman) of the house. You get to do your own chores, such as cleaning, doing the laundry, or buying the groceries. If you need any assistance, you can ask for it with ease, as many facilities allow residents and their respective families to work out the amount of assistance required regularly.
Unlike nursing homes, residents of a senior living facility have the liberty to go out of the center on their own and travel, shop, and spend time with others outside the community.
The best thing about senior living facilities is that they’re a great place for seniors to enjoy their golden years. Joining these communities is like retiring in a more relaxing, convenient, and senior-friendly place.